Anti wrinkle creams by themselves make a billion dollar industry, not to mention anti aging products that cover more than 85% of the market. And like silly little things we continue to propagate this billion dollar industry, without much effect on wrinkles… But maybe it is time to stop and rethink our decisions before we empty our pockets on beauty products and expensive beauty treatments. Don’t be fooled by the ambitious promises, and the advertisements meant to take you in very convincingly. And won’t you be feeling rather silly when you learn that you can avail of anti wrinkle treatments at less than half the cost? Not to mention, within the comfort of your home, and away from prying eyes and knowing smiles? So here is help…3 top-notch anti wrinkle recipes at your disposal…
But a warning tip: Do not use any of the lotions on your face, test check them first. Apply it on the underside of your arm just above the elbow. Now for the recipes…
Recipe 1 This cucumber infused healer will also soothe your skin, not to mention help fight those wrinkles.
- 2 ripe cucumbers
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3-4 leaves of fresh mint (you can try either peppermint or spearmint)
- 1/2 oz almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon tincture of Benzoin (it is available at drug/health food stores)
- 1 cup of distilled water (ideally boiled and then cooled)
- Blend the ingredients and make it into a paste.
- Shelf life 3-4 days, you can refrigerate the paste.
- Apply the paste on the problem areas. Apply it at morning and then again at night.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Dab your skin dry.
- 25-30 fresh field poppy petals
- 15-20 fresh nasturtium petals
- 5-8 fresh calendula/pot marigold flower heads
- 2 cups/500ml of boiling water
- Boil the flower petals for 15 minutes.
- Strain the water and run it through a coffee filter.
- Pour the strained mixture into dark glass bottles.
- Simply pour a few drops onto a cotton ball and apply it to your laugh lines.
This anti wrinkle mask recipe needs the following ingredients:
- 2-3 drops of the solution made in Recipe 2
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt
- Make it into a paste and apply.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.